PMD Pro 1 is a globally recognized project management certification for development professionals. This three-day, high-impact workshop gives you the skills you need to effectively initiate, plan, execute, and close out projects. Delivering your project on scope, on time, and on budget requires specific knowledge that is first learned and then refined through practice. This workshop, taught by experienced trainers in a participatory style, has been highly rated by thousands of practitioners who have completed the course and been successfully certified. As one attendee noted, “This course is desperately needed in our industry. I was hoping that the content would really be relevant to us. It was!”
Note: PMD Pro 1 is the first level of the project management certification program for practitioners working in the development sector. To take the PMD Pro 1 certification exam you will need to bring a laptop with the ability to connect to Wi-Fi.
Participants completed the course will earn 19.5 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
In addition to individual participants, we encourage teams of employees to attend this workshop together. You are invited to bring current work projects to which you can begin to apply the concepts taught in the workshop. Staff who will benefit from attending this workshop include:
- Individuals who are new to project management. You will gain a solid foundation in internationally accepted project management concepts, terminology, tools, and techniques
- Seasoned practitioners who already have some experience. This is an opportunity to hone your skills through small group work, and learn from peers working in other NGOs who face similar challenges in their jobs
- Team members who work in other functional areas of an NGO. You will learn the best practices in project management and gain a clearer picture of your role within a project.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Organize your work to make you more effective
- Articulate what is in your project scope, what is out of scope, and why
- Develop an accurate schedule and employ techniques to effectively manage it
- Identify, analyze, and engage stakeholders
- Define roles and responsibilities for your project team
- Assess project risks and develop strategies for responding
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.