The MEAL DPro Flex provides learners an introduction to the essential learning, skills and tools of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. MEAL DPro was created by NGOs for NGOs, to improve MEAL skills across the humanitarian and development sectors.
course gives you the skills you need to effectively design, plan, and manage MEAL systems for development and relief projects. MEAL DPro is intended to prepare leaners to successfully complete the MEAL DPro certification program for practitioners working in the development sector. You will be prepared and ready to take the MEAL DPro exam by the end of the course.
N.B. The course fee does not include the MEAL DPro exam certification fee and the exam is not administered at the end of the course.
In addition to individual participants, we encourage teams of employees to attend this workshop together. Staff who will benefit from attending this workshop include:
- Managers who lead activities in the field – project managers, technical experts, and others who are critical to improving project effectiveness through rigorous monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning. Yet too often they lack the skills and training support to help them succeed in this area. In this workshop you will gain a solid foundation in internationally accepted project management concepts, terminology, tools, and techniques.
- Team members who are looking to effectively design, plan and manage MEAL systems for development and relief projects.
- MEAL Technical Officers who are new to their responsibilities and would like to learn about MEAL models, skills and processes that will inform and support their work
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Design logic models that later become the foundations of MEAL in projects. These tools include the Theory of Change, Results Frameworks, and Logical Frameworks (logframes).
- Plan for MEAL using practical tools that include Performance Management Plans, Indicator Performance Tracking Tables, Summary Evaluation Tables, Evaluation Terms of Reference, Feedback-and-Response Mechanisms, Learning Plans and Communications Plans.
- Collect MEAL data by using well-designed qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, appropriate sampling methods, and recommended data management practices.
- Analyze MEAL data by using quantitative (descriptive and inferential) statistics and qualitative methods to analyze, interpret and visualize MEAL data.
- Use MEAL data to inform project decisions, communicate with stakeholders and practice adaptive management.
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.
A Flex course allows you to learn essential content completely on your own time over a specified amount of time:
- Learn through engaging videos, assignments, and structured reading
- Interact and learn with other participants and a facilitator in a virtual and social learning environment
- Earn points for various tasks completed, including watching videos, completing assignments, leaving comments and interacting with others
- The more tasks you complete, the more points you’ll earn. And the quicker you earn these points, the sooner you’ll complete the course.
The coursework will take around four hours each week, depending on your pace of learning and previous knowledge.