This course aims to build the confidence and skills of NGO staff who are new to managing institutional donor grants, to meet donors’ financial terms & conditions when implementing programmes.
This course is specially designed for NGO staff who are new to grant management. It is suitable for those responsible for managing donor funds where programmes are implemented directly or through operational partners.
The course provides an introduction to the essentials of grant management and is therefore not suitable for experienced grant managers or those looking for detailed guidance on specific donor rules and regulations.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Describe the four phases in the grant management cycle
• Clarify key responsibilities and routines needed for successful grant management
• Describe the impact of foreign exchange on grant management
• Identify the requirements for closing off a donor grant.
• Manage the relationship with donors, head office and implementing partners with greater confidence.
Appreciate that finance and programme staff must work closely for successful grant management.
Our training puts the learner at the center, using practical and fun learning activities supported by easy-to-use materials. We share tools and techniques that can be immediately used in your work.